Email is the most effective means of communication in every organization, with the average office worker spending 25% of the work day in their email application. FormVerse leverages an organization's existing investment in Microsoft® Exchange to provide a cost-effective platform for solving business challenges.
FormVerse is built on Microsoft® .NET, InfoPath, and Outlook technologies, as well as exploiting the advantages of XML and Web Services technologies. FormVerse leverages these technologies and Microsoft Exchange to provide a platform for Business Process Automation and development of other workflow applications. By leveraging its Active Structured Email™ technology, organizations implementing FormVerse are able to greatly enhance other initiatives such as: Archiving, eDiscovery, Compliance, and modernization of legacy systems.
The FormVerse Difference
First generation Business Process Management systems failed the human factor test by offering solely centralized control over process automation, resulting in complex and very expensive deployments. Further, they implemented largely static business logic and processes. Rules-engine based applications responded to the need to support changes in business rules, but did not empower business users to apply these changes.
FormVerse, by contrast, delivers an agile BPA solution based on the conjunction of two basic concepts:
Everyone in an organization is responsible for the success of some business process and, ideally, they should have the ability to contribute to its automation. FormVerse empowers business personnel at all levels to design and use their own Process Templates. At the heart of FormVerse BPA is a revolutionary, policy-driven email technology that applies a user-centric approach to business processes and information. It turns enterprise email into the foundation of agile business process automation.
Every act of communication in a business can potentially have information that should be captured by the automated business process. Email remains the most widely and frequently used application in the enterprise. None of the available email tools attack its fundamental weakness - its lack of structure - in a systemic way. FormVerse transforms corporate email from an informal medium to a highly structured one, enabling businesses to leverage Microsoft Outlook as an agile BPA/BPM system.
- Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0
- Microsoft Exchange 2003 or higher; required only if the "Processing Server for Exchange" is installed
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0 or higher; required only on the system hosting the FormVerse Registry Server
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000, 2005, or Microsoft SQL Server Express
- Microsoft Management Console 3.0; required only on the system running the FormVerse Admin Console (free download for Windows XP, Windows Server 2003; included in Windows Vista)
- Microsoft Office 2003 InfoPath or higher. (Note: While InfoPath is the recommended tool for creating XML-based forms for use in FormVerse, users have the option to use other tools to create XML-based forms. Alternatively, if forms are imported or produced by third party, InfoPath may not be required)
- Automate business processes that would otherwise never be automated given the costs of implementing enterprise BPM solutions
- Automate business processes using the same constructs as those used by office application users
- Enable bottoms-up, rapid automation of operational processes by business managers
- Create scalable frameworks to support business processes from the simplest to the most complex
- Use simple forms and enterprise email to support complex interaction between human workers and automated processes